ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) was founded in November 2002 and is a not-for-profit association legally registered in Belgium. Currently, we have over 60 countries world-wide as Member Boards and hundreds of international testing experts. Thailand is 56th Member Board in 2017. ISTQB has defined the "ISTQB® Certified Tester" scheme that has become the world-wide leader in the certification of competences in software testing.
As of June 2017, ISTQB® has administered over 740,000 exams and issued more than 535,000 certifications in over 120 countries world-wide.
To continually improve and advance the software testing profession by:
Defining and maintaining a Body of Knowledge which allows testers to be certified based on best practices, connecting the international software testing community, and encouraging research.
- We promote the value of software testing as a profession to individuals and organizations.
- We help software testers to be more efficient and effective in their work, through the certification of competencies.
- We enable testers to progress their career through a Professionals' Code of Ethics and a multi-level certification pathway that provides them with the skills and knowledge they need to fulfil their growing responsibilities and to achieve increased professionalism.
- We continually advance the Testing Body of Knowledge by drawing on the best available industry practices and the most innovative research, and we make this knowledge freely available to all.
- We set the criteria for accrediting training providers, to ensure consistent delivery of the Body of Knowledge, world-wide.
- We regulate the content and coverage of exam questions, the examination process, and the issuing of certifications by official examination bodies.
- We are committed to expanding software testing certifications around the world, by admitting member boards into the ISTQB®. These boards adhere to the constitution, bylaws, and processes defined by the ISTQB®, and participate in regular audits.
- We nurture an open international community, committed to sharing knowledge, ideas, and innovations in software testing.
- We foster relationships with academia, government, media, professional associations and other interested parties.
- We provide a reference point against which the effectiveness of testing services can be evaluated, by maintaining our prominence as a respected source of knowledge in software testing.